Sunday, August 14, 2011

short week & then Beantown

I'm up late even knowing kiddo will be climbing into bed for an early morning showing of Dora and some mini pancakes that I will sleepily nuke in the microwave. But its a very short week for me and then I'm off on a little adventure to Boston for a few days. It will be my first time visiting that city and as a girl who loves new experiences, I'm more than a smidgen excited. I'm tagging along on a family member's business trip but I have no "business" in Boston except to explore and try to stay out of trouble, or perhaps find it, depending.

Along with checking out a new city, I'm looking forward to a couple of other things this very short trip will allow me to do as well. There are plans to hang with C-Man who I haven't seen in months and to meet up with a vanilla blogger I've never met in person but who's blog I've read for years. Crazy how the internet provides so many opportunities to meet cool and new people isn't it?

I'm not sure if there will be any sexy time or not as I'm quite conflicted about being there with a family member (as well as on their dime), albeit in separate hotel rooms. It adds a complexity to the situation that I can't reconcile and the thought of those two parts of my life intersecting so closely weirds me out. I don't know if I can handle it. But we'll see. The plan is to play it by ear and regardless, it will be a fun trip no matter what. I have decided that much at least.

Question: Are dorky tourists the only ones who call Boston "Beantown"? Not that it matters since as soon as I open my mouth I'll be pegged as Dorky Tourist. Since I don't think "y'all" and "fixin" are part of the Bostonian's vernacular.

Goodnight.

xoxo,
Bella

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Veronica and I are in the Boston suburbs, let us know if you have the time/want to say hello while you're in the area!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answer: Yes, its only the tourists that call it Beantown.
    And don't worry about sticking out, Boston is a melting pot, so many different people. If your really worried about the accent, just start dropping your r's like the rest of us do.

    Enjoy your trip, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll and fixin make me yearn for my family in the south.

    ReplyDelete